Saturday, August 23, 2014

To Protect and Serve

I had the honor yesterday of attending my son's police academy graduation and see him officially become a law enforcement officer.  My emotions have been on high alert for the past several days, a mix between pride, excitement and worry. I am proud of him for his perseverance, dedication, hard work, sweat and tears (try getting sprayed with pepper spray), OUCH!  From here on out he will be on the streets in field training, and I have to just keep a prayer in my heart so I don't worry myself sick.

I was married to his father who is also a police officer for 11 years, I am now married to a former member of the National Guard who retired with 20 years of duty, and now I am seeing my son enter the policing profession.  I am in awe at the courage and discipline, the willingness to serve and protect, to help and to put their own lives in danger, and to sacrifice. Words can't really express how grateful I am for their service, for ALL law enforcement officers and for all members of the military, for the feeling of patriotism when saying the pledge of allegiance and just seeing these men and women in uniform, there is such a feel that is almost spiritual and sacred in nature.

I was so impressed with the graduation ceremony, with the way these brand new officers stood at attention, without moving a muscle during the presentation of the badges, they moved only to accept their badges and move forward for the next person.  It was very professional and I was truly overwhelmed with a sense of pride for my son, for all law enforcement, for this amazing country and for a great and wonderful  God.


I made this card for my son, it is a KennyK image and is absolutely perfect!  I had to quickly put it together because I've been so busy lately, so it's very simple in design, but I think it turned out great!


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-ATG
+Brown Sugar-Get Krafty
4 Crafty Chicks-masculine-Golden Egg Award
Perfectly Rustic-masculine -runner up

5 comments:

  1. I love the image and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics Masculine Challenge.
    Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw congrats to your son - great job.... Your card fits perfectly for him....Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fitting card for the occasion and such a proud moment in your life. Love the image and the colouring work you have done. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this!?!? Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and a huge THANK YOU to your son for entering into the police force to help serve and protect!! This card is perfect - CAS but with such love and wow factor behind it, Sharla! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!